compensation: Based on Experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Andis Wines is a modern, boutique winery producing premium wines sourced from fruit farmed throughout Amador and El Dorado Counties. Our philosophy is simple: find the best people to create a great team to make and sell great wine.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to work in the tasting room greeting guests, selling wine, promoting the wine club, hosting private group tastings, and assisting with general day-to-day operations and events. Candidates must have knowledge and passion for the wine industry, a keen interest in learning the details of our wines and history, be able to share our story with guests, and sell wine. Previous winery, restaurant or retail management experience is required. There is growth potential within the company for the right individual.
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion for wine and wine-related topics
• Winery, restaurant or retail sales experience required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to connect with people and engage in ongoing conversation
• Cash Register POS and computer experience required (e-mail, Word, Excel, knowledge of Vin65/WineDirect a plus)
• Maintain a professional appearance, be a team player and maintain a positive disposition
• Strong multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail, and ability to professionally handle stressful situations required
• Must be 21 years old or older, able to work weekends and some holidays and evenings
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40-50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup and cleanup of the Tasting Room, restocking, monitoring of inventory levels on wine and merchandise, keeping
media/marketing materials current and stocked, keeping retail and stock areas clean, attractive and organized
• Welcome and greet all guests when they walk in the door, provide wine tastings and winery tours, and provide
education about our wines while ensuring a gracious, informative and memorable experience.
• Encourage wine sales, explain and promote the wine club, inform guests about upcoming events, etc
• Assist with onsite and offsite winery events and tastings
• Host private tastings for large groups in our Private Tasting Room, providing an educational and interactive experience
• Assists with the packaging and shipping of wine club shipments
This is a part-time position to start, with the potential to become full-time with additional responsibilities. Compensation to be determined based on experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers