compensation: D.O.E., benefits + overtime available employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Manual Machinist II
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Efficiently and accurately performs machining operations on manually operated lathe, mill, and other machinery by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reads and understands manufacturing drawings, tolerances, and notes.*
2. Sets up and operates machinery in accordance with part and production requirements.*
3. Measures parts with caliper, micrometer, and depth gauge to guarantee specifications are met.*
4. Understands of machine speeds, feeds, and tooling.*
5. Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with safety training guidelines.*
6. Transports finished goods safely to and from workstation as required by production.*
7. Handles small parts and tools.*
8. Provides estimated completion times for specific jobs.*
9. Produces finished goods at or above the average shop pace.*
10. Keeps machines and work areas clean and free of hazards.*
11. Operates motorized hoists.*
12. Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.*
13. Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, and/or personal injuries.*
14. Reports to work for scheduled day and shift.*
15. Operates the computer numerical control machine.
16. Cleans areas.
17. Assists with machine setup.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Sage MAS 200, and time clock.
Two to four years of prior experience in machinist positions.
Digital position read outs
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Ability to see small details
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers