Position Summary: Person in this position will be responsible for the delivery of face-to-face program activities and services to inmate’s participating in the program. Essential Job Functions include those listed below.
Essential Job Functions:
• Deliver treatment services to the participants;
• Conduct group and individual meetings;
• Evaluate the progress of the participants assigned to their groups;
• Work directly with the participants to develop and implement a treatment service plan;
• Coordinate with the Transition/Continuing Care Counselor to develop a Community Services Plan and transitional documents, as directed by CDCR, for continued community program activities;
• Work with the participant to create a support network for the participants' s pending return to the community;
• Shall work collaboratively with the CDCR and institutional staff;
• Coordinate with and support CCIII to address safety, security, and if necessary removal of Mentor Candidates from the program, and
• Work collaboratively with all Offender Mentor Certification Program participants, including Program staff, OMCP contract and sub-contract staff, institution, CDCR and other CDCR Staff.
• Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles , clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience consisting of one (1) year of providing direct substance abuse counseling services to the offender population is preferred
• At the time of hire, must be certified as an AOD Counselor with a certification recognized by DHCS;
• Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served;
• Knowledge of offender populations , criminal subcultures, and cultural differences, substance abuse assessment tools, therapeutic community concepts;
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain CDCR clearance;
• Must have valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare’s vehicle insurance; and
• CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test.
Education and Experience:
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a degree in Addiction Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology or a related field is preferred;
• A High School diploma or its equivalent is required;
• Work is primarily performed in an in-prison treatment setting.
• The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
• Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds; and
• Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers