compensation: $18.36-$24.58/hour without benefits employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
***An Amador County Employment Application is required***
Position: Maintenance Worker II (Extra Help)
Department: Amador County Public Works
Deadline: April 23, 2021
Rate of pay: $18.36-$24.58/hr
Definition: Under general supervision, to perform a variety of assignments in the operation and maintenance of Public Works including but not limited to the maintenance, repair, and construction of roads, bridges and drainage systems; to operate equipment; and to do related work as required.
Examples of Duties:
• Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance, construction, and repair of Public Works facilities
• Operates basic road maintenance equipment such as trucks, snowplows, and loaders
• Performs duties such as cutting weeds, clearing debris, cleaning ditches, and painting guard rails
• Paves, patches, and repairs roads and streets
• Mixes oil and base materials for road patching and resurfacing
• Loads, rakes, and shovels asphalt
• Hand sweeps surfaces
• Operates hand tools such as jackhammers and chain saws
• Straightens and replaces snow stakes and road signs
• May drive vehicles to transport materials, tools, and equipment
• With training may handle and use certain chemicals and hazardous materials
• Performs routine maintenance and repair tasks on equipment
• Acts as a flag person for road repair and maintenance crews
• Performs shovel work, opening, widening, and backfilling excavations
• Assists with the installation and repair of traffic control and warning signs
• Procedures, tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance and construction of roads, bridges, and public works facilities
• Operation and routine maintenance of construction equipment including loaders, graders, trucks, rollers, and related equipment
• Provisions of the California Vehicle Code relating to the operation of medium and heavy equipment on streets and roads
• Work safety methods and programs
• Perform a variety of work in the maintenance, construction, and repair of County roads, bridges,
culverts, and public works facilities
• Operate equipment on streets and roads
• Maintain basic records
• Perform heavy physical labor
• Follow oral and written instructions
• Maintain and make basic repairs to equipment
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
Training and Experience Required:
Public Works Maintenance Worker I - Some previous work experience performing heavy physical labor is highly desirable.
Public Works Maintenance Worker II - One (1) year of road maintenance work and construction experience comparable to that of a Public Works Maintenance Worker I with Amador County.
Possession of valid California Driver's License is required
Selection Requirement: All interested applicants must fill out an Amador County employment application. Applications will be evaluated by a screening committee. The best qualified candidates will be selected for an interview.
For Job Application and Complete Job Description Contact:
AMADOR COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES
810 Court Street, Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 223-6456 . Fax: (209) 223-6426 . www.amadorgov.org
Amador County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers